View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 11:28 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
The simple fact that you believe that the Desharnais was 1st line caliber just kills any credibility in your speech.

(Lets remember that they did play 2nd liners, if not 3rd liners during the vast majority of the season last year).

Its too bad that these losses are starting to kill the confidence of the team (and in the team), because they werent playing that badly at all, in fact, they were even quite good. Still i have some doubts about the roster management.

I dont want to be misguided by my judgement, but by now, he really should have seen that Subban and Eller were badly misused in their current roles. The PK is also quite poorly run considering the personnel we have.
Fixing this should be enough to give a good boost to this team and putting it on a more stable road.
I don't think the Desharnais line is a 1st line caliber trio. You can find me over half the forum calling for Desharnais to be traded or moved to the wing.

I will try and explain better:

I think Pacioretty is a 1st line player, Cole was a 1st line player, and Desharnais overachieved. They had a statistically legitimate 1st line season with some 80 goals scored. **BUT** I didn't think they would repeat, and indeed, they are not repeating.

I explicitly wrote that that 1st line was not based on skill, and was ***not repeatable***, why can't you read man instead of jumping with excitement at the illusion that somebody else lacks credibility?