View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 12:36 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I don't think the Desharnais line is a 1st line caliber trio. You can find me over half the forum calling for Desharnais to be traded or moved to the wing.

I will try and explain better:

I think Pacioretty is a 1st line player, Cole was a 1st line player, and Desharnais overachieved. They had a statistically legitimate 1st line season with some 80 goals scored. **BUT** I didn't think they would repeat, and indeed, they are not repeating.

I explicitly wrote that that 1st line was not based on skill, and was ***not repeatable***, why can't you read man instead of jumping with excitement at the illusion that somebody else lacks credibility?
I'm not even sure any of those three have 1st line skills. DD and Cole overachieved and like the two other lines you mentioned they were more based on chemistry than skills and this doesn't last long. Because if one guy doesn't click for one season, the whole line crumbles. DD was a result of the two guys being uber-monsters giving him the puck. Since they don't have that energy(Cole maybe cause of age, Pac maybe cause of injury) he's left with his keaster in the rain.