View Single Post
Old
02-09-2013, 11:41 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Yeah clearly! BB is great; great skater; superb hands; great vision; outstanding playmaker, tough to get off the puck, strong on his skates; strong, accurate shot.

He can get in the way of a puck and win a little more than 1/2 his faceoffs. Fine for a 4th liner. But nothing more. Asham has actually made some plays in this league and he can protect his teammates. Right now Boyle is somewhat redundant. We have plenty of PK guys with the new additions and Cally being healthy again. Asham is unique on this team because of his toughness and that's right he has superior hands and a much better shot than BB. I'm not sure where all this Asham hate comes from. He's a Ranger now and he is acclimating. Boyle has no excuse for his play that is worse than usual.
So does my grandmother, big deal.

He still doesn't have Boyle's size, defensive ability, checking game, ability in the faceoff circle, or PK ability. And for all the talk of Boyle being soft, I've never seen Aaron Asham screw with the head of a top 5 player in the game the way Boyle ****ed up Karlsson in the playoffs.

He does however, have the ability to have staged fights. Wonderful. I think we're moving away from that and I say good riddance.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014