Thread: GDT: Ducks at Blues
View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 12:46 AM
sbet1998

vCash: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
In the first five games of last year, the Blues outskated and heavily outshot Nashville, Dallas and Anaheim and lost all three games because of soft goals allowed by Halak. Halak had a meltdown game (very much like the one Elliott had tonight) in LA in the sixth game and the Blues were never in the contest.

Meanwhile, only this Anaheim game in the recent three game dismal stretch do I think the Blues, in spite of their flaws, deserved to win the game. Elliott was terrible against Nashville and Detroit too but he didn't turn wins into losses, he turned losses into blowouts.

Nobody's defending Elliott. But it's very fair to compare how our fans reacted to each guy. I do think that what's different year to year is expectations. So maybe there's more loaded anger when the raised expectations aren't met.
I dont have the energy; so I'll just say this:

No one wants to see this team fail around here, but they are at this moment and no one cares about what someone did last season. Its all about the here and now. What have you done for me lately type attitude.