View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 01:43 AM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles78 View Post
Am I the only that thinks if Agostino leaves Yale that he will make the Pens roster next year? I'm really high on this kid and a lot of Pens fans forget about the college prospects.

People really don't give Shero credit for drafting well in the later rounds and digging up some intriguing forwards...

Theoretically, sure, it's possible. But usually, unless a player is absolutely dominating the college scene (i.e. Kreider being the most recent example, and Toews being another recent one), most should be sent to the minors for a year to adjust. K.A. has been very good, and I definitely think he's ready to make the jump to WBS, but no: I doubt he's ready for full-time NHL duty -- unless he signs as soon as the season is over, spends some time with WBS or the big club in the playoffs, and then spends the summer working his ass off with TR Goodman or Gary Roberts. And even then it wouldn't be a shoe-in.

But I would love to see Agostino, a healthy Kuhnhackl, and Arichibald joined by his and Megna's teammate Andrej Sustr all having good years in WBS next season.