View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 02:30 AM
binder19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post

And looking at the cap situation for next season, I believe Chiarelli is going to make an honest stab at pulling off something substantial during our shortened year.

As much as I try to make the numbers work for the roster in 2013-14, I'm always short. That means we're very likely to see a significant member of our team (or a couple) dealt for futures JUST to make space enough to function. A couple of rooks make the team and we're in a mini-rebuild for a year or two (without being a lousy hockey club).

I have a feeling that Chiarelli is gonna go for broke while he has the space and the opportunity to do so.
I have the same feeling as you regarding Chiarelli going for it this year, and I hope he does...I see next year being a "bridge" year with 2-3 first year players on the big club. I hope he can keep the top 6 together (re-sign Horton) and Tuuka and try to save on the bottom 6 for next year and hope the cap goes up in 14-15. Probably wishful thinking but they should make a strong push this year i.e. adding to the top 9 and maybe a depth defenseman at the deadline and try to hang on this off season to the big guns by moving some of the mid tier contracts and replacing them with entry level deals.

binder19 is offline   Reply With Quote