View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 03:05 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 50
Assassin's Creed III - 6/10

I do hate to do it, as I really loved II and Brotherhood, but this was just mostly meh for me. It had more than a few nice moments, but it's dragged down by Connor being a boring tool, the Revolutionary Templar plot seeming disorganized as crazy, the interactions with the historical figure feeling all kinds of fan fictiony, and essentially the entire ending mission(s) being needlessly slow, drawn out, and overall not at all enjoyable. Even the actual ending itself, where the previous games all shined, especially ACII, was a dull letdown, even given the gravity of the situation at hand. Not to mention that it more or less invalidated the entire purpose of Desmond's missions over the past several games.

That being said, the Desmond missions in the present day were surprisingly enjoyable, albeit easy, and the naval combat was great, even if it was a bit simplistic. If Ubisoft makes a naval warfare game with those same mechanics actually fleshed out, I'd buy it opening day.

It's not bad, but it's not great either. Average to good, so I think it deserves a 6. Maybe a 7, if it weren't for the fact that I'm still disappointed by the final mission, ending, and comparing in hindsight to the Ezio games.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote