View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 03:33 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
What do you expect using OKCupid? Just go to a local bar or club. Hell, go to the mall and hit on the employees at the more adult-oriented clothing stores.

Generally, high school girls work at A&F, AE, Hollister, etc. but you get a nice college + graduate selection working at places like Banana Republic, Express, Gap, etc... And since they're often hired based on the skillset of being cute you don't have to worry about that. Find something that you might or might not buy that looks nice on you and ask them what they think of it. Better yet, pick two shirts and ask them which they think would look better for a first date. They'll give you advice (it's their job). Then, ask if they mind if you wear it on your first date or if that would be tacky. Even if they aren't digging you, it's not like they're going to shoot you down completely. Boom, the slow build humor pickup. It's a low risk situation. Don't do it if the store is busy though, because that's not cool.

Online dating is like playing the lotto except that even the best prizes generally aren't that good and instead of winning nothing, you generally win something you don't want.

On a personal level, I don't understand how/why girls were wearing yoga pants at a club/bar tonight but I'm not complaining.
QFT, best description of online dating I've read. Definitely been more satisfied with losing Cash 5 tickets mostly because they still cost me less

Interesting advice, plus serves the double advantage I actually do need to go get some new stylish clothes for work anyway.

I've noticed the yoga pants thing too. Seems to be a cold weather thing, but seems to be their lazy comfortable clothes of choice that won't drive men away.

Emperoreddy is offline   Reply With Quote