View Single Post
02-10-2013, 05:28 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Flowzie View Post
Orr was going for a shoulder check, Pleks jumps out of the way, and catches Orr's skate. There was no 'intent to knee' here. Intent to completely destroy with the shoulder yes.. but that isnt a penalty.

Yeah, I don't think you totally can defend Orr's punch. He knew what he was doing and was out there to hurt someone. I doubt he actually would have unleashed on Gionta but when Rene came in he let one go. You can debate and more or less make arguments towards it being within some kind of code, but atleast by my book its pretty disrespectful.

Simmonds threw the same kind of haymakers at Josefsson a couple of weeks ago in basically the same type of situation. That time it was a scrum infront of the net but
Simmonds punches only caught the helm of Josefsson.

Given the type of problems the league has with concussions, I don't quite see the motivation to not go after this type of punches.

But, the hit that missed looked a little worse than it was due to Orr and Plec's skates contecting; Plec's speed; and Orr subsequently tumbling on his arse due to not having all that much balance.

Last edited by Ola: 02-10-2013 at 05:34 AM.