View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 07:16 AM
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates

vCash: 500
One interesting thing in this context is what the cap-drop will do for non-elite players. As said elsewhere, I don't believe we have any cap issues for next season at all.

But several other teams will have, and while waiting to see if there is positive movement as regards the cap for 2014-2015, I don't see a lot of money being thrown at peripheral assets. Perry and the likes will get paid, but there will be lots of good players who will have to wait.

Dupuis is first in line to stay, because even if he isn't a great option with Sid, he works there. And he works almost anywhere in a lineup, even if think he is a bad fit for Malkin, because he plays strict North/South hockey and Malkin does not. Ie. Bylsma can use him anywhere else, and he is a fixture on the PK.

Cooke.... while he had a good scoring season last year, also boosted by Staal's coming out party offensively, I don't consider him a key/core player after he stopped being nasty and a pest.

Kennedy.... a bit of waiting for Godot there. Would have hoped he would have rebounded to show more of the shot he did in his 20+ goals season. He hasn't and to be honest I think that this season so far is about the weakest I can recall in so far as winning battles and driving our cycle game on the third line. If he has trade value, he is very replaceable just like Cooke. From within or in free agency.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote