View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 07:23 AM
chrisab123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
well thank god you're not the GM. I wouldn't trade Boychuk for Bouwmeester straight up, let alone do this deal.
As I said I would be hesitant but I still would probably do this deal, even without the defenseman swap. The ultimate goal is to win a title, Iginla changes this team on the power play and fits the system like a glove, even at his age right now, if you put him on a line with a good center that can pass the puck he could have a great impact on this team. He's also at the age where I also wouldn't mind extending him a year or two not making this a rental. Thats the difference between Iginla and the Kaberle deal, they got Kaberle to help on the power play but he never played the kind of hockey the Bruins play. Iginla is one of the most obvious Bruins type players in the league. You get him and you'll be the odds on favorite to win this year without a doubt, not that the title really means much. If it was just Iginla maybe do

Knight, Subban, and 2nd that could turn into a first if Iginla hits certain performance marks for the Bruins. Subban could replace Mikka in net about two years down the road, Knight still has value but if they press me for Spooner over him then make the deal.

chrisab123 is offline   Reply With Quote