View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Im convinced the Boyle hate is rooted in this romantic and unattainable vision of the Rangers rolling 4 legitimate scoring lines. Boyle obviously isnt part of the plans with that pipedream.

In reality, blunting the oppositions offensive momentum can be just as important and thats why Boyle is an important asset.

2 minutes left in a game, nursing a 1 goal lead. Do you want a 19 year old out there, or Brian Boyle??
who's romanticizing .

down 1 goal with 2 minutes left in a game, do you want jt miller on the ice, or brian boyle?

we have halpern(specifically) and stepan who have both been more reliable defensively than boyle. boyle's turning over pucks left and right, we can't have that from our shutdown center.

boyle has his upsides, and so does miller. miller looks better right now, but we'll see how his consistency is. right now boyle lost his spot in the lineup, and somebody else needs to screw up for boyle to keep his job. tbh i'd be happy with halpern being our go-to guy for face-offs and pk.

i don't see miller as boyle's replacement-- i think halpern already took his job. give halpern a few more screw-ups and we'll see how boyle comes in after the benching.

also... what about boyle as 6th d? :X

Last edited by Kreider Typical: 02-10-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote