View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 08:42 AM
ginner classic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake23 View Post
Wow you probably feel more strongly about this than anyone has about anything ever. I certainly don't have the energy to keep up. The only point I have on the entire topic is that although Markstrom (may) be a better goalie and improve the team, it wont make as much difference as improving the teams overall play.

But i will ask a couple of things. Why are you insistent on only including the past 4 games? Yes we have played better lately, but did the first 6 games not happen? Was that not the Panthers playing? You cant just dissmiss half of our games played thus far. You or I dont know if we are closer to the team in the first 6 games, or the team in the last 4, so I don't think its right to act like they havent happened.

Second, calling the goalie "the most important position in sports" is definitely debatable (i know its a little OT) and not nearly as open and close as you suggest (Quaterbacks say hello!). Also, I think most would agree the Panthers have had above to well-above average goaltending throughout their history. Where has it taken us? No where. Missed the playoffs for 10 years. Why? Because the skaters havent been good enough. Same thing is happening now.
I get such a kick out of people who accept weakness in goal. It does not matter if it is or is not the biggest problem, it is essential to solve it.

Florida should absolutely call up markstrom and waive clemmer. As much as I'd like to see the nux ship lou back there, the best alternative at this point is to try out the guy that they are betting on long term. He's already banked half a season of development time. Missing ten starts or so is nothing as compared to tthe value of having him experience the nhl.

ginner classic is online now   Reply With Quote