View Single Post
02-10-2013, 08:55 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
im dying for Palmieri to get a chance and I really want bobby ryan..

what do you guys think of something starting around Gaborik for Ryan for the start of next season..

Nash- Richards - Palmieri
Hagelin - Stepan - Ryan
Kreider - Miller - Callahan
Powe - Boyle - Asham/Haley (1way next year)

I am not saying Ryan is better then Gaborik.. I just want another power FW that has that goal scoring touch, whos younger and fits this teams mold more!
I liked the Palmieri pick-up, and I've not seen much of him lately, but, I am fairly certain when I say that Palmieri is good depth guy now (something we have lacked for a long time, which has forced us to go with D's as forwards in important situations which is insane for a contender) -- and someone who has potential at least one and more likely two or three or even four years down the line.

IE, he has good size, he is hard nosed, he moves decently on the ice, he has decent hands and so forth. But by himself, he is not much of a force out there. If you have a certain kind of use/hole in your lineup, you might try to plug him in. On 4th line, he might even contribute right away in some situations. But if he ever is going to become a valued part of a team he needs to become a complete and heady hockey player, and he is far from being that as of now. There is nothing that holds him back from becoming like a Ruslan Fedtenko type -- but he needs to work extremely hard to get there.

Some of these kids has a mentality of kind of trying to get somewhere by drinking and chasing girls while never looking back or over your shoulder, kind of. Don't get me wrong, but that can kind of work. Its a tough job to play in this league and by being confident and fearless you pass a couple of big tests atleast. But there are many guys out there who goes that route and if you don't make it -- you need to think again. Palmieri won't play as it is. What can he add to his game? If he becomes a good PKer, a coach can find more use of him. If he becomes better around the boards in terms of making the small plays, he would be of more use to a center who is strong when heading down ice. He could improve infront of the net, a Holmström became like a borderline HHOFer by his play just infront of the net. And so forth. But it will take alot of hard work and focus to get there. He needs to start taking on the game as a profession. If Gernander really could get through to him...

Last edited by Ola: 02-10-2013 at 09:04 AM.