View Single Post
02-10-2013, 09:43 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
I think it was in reference to moving up to 5th to land Schenn...

One thing that made me question Morrison as our head scout, the fact that he (or technically Fletch) moved up and paid handsomely to draft Schenn...while Schenn's defensive partner Tyler Myers would have been a far better selection and would have been available to us at 7 if we stood pat. We know that both Schenn and Myers would have received a similar amount of viewings from our scouting staff...
not that I knew Myers would have been the better of the two, in fact I did hear rumblings that Myers was on our radar at 7 but they might be just speculation from seeing our scouts watching Kelowna.

While Schenn isn't a complete bust or remotely close to that, I think that Mo might have learned a lesson from that draft, and that could be a reason why we didn't trade up to 4th overall this summer to grab Rielly...a lesson well learned I think.
Fletcher thought he had hit a home run with Schenn. That he was not is mainly on the scouting staff. It did not help his development that they burned the first year of his contract unnecessarily...that was on Fletcher himself mainly.

Parkdale is offline   Reply With Quote