View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 10:05 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
I'm not gonna get into a huge debate because at the end of the day, there are arguments to be made on both sides and no one will change anyones opinion. But as much as you may have lost respect for a few of our players, I lost a lot of respect for Orr. The guy is a beast, and he decided to go after a 5'7 Gionta (when Bourque came to Gionta's defence). When you are that big and that tough you don't go after someone who isn't in the same league as you. So your comment of our goons weren't willing to fight, well, a) we have no "goons", only pests. and b) your heavyweight went after a 5'7 player, what does that make him?
Have to somewhat agree with you here.

Leafs line-up has been changed and part of that is the Carlyle influence. I believe when he won the Cup with Anaheim his team had the most fights (or close to it).

I didn't think there was a need to Orr to swat the little gnats away, and let's face it the Habs were completely over matched physically by that line.

Perhaps frustration from both teams, the Leafs taking advantage and the Canadiens having no answer.

I'm not sure we'll see that line up when the Leafs have Lupul back and they get their 2 better defenders in Gunnarsson and Gardiner back. They're just making due with their depth guys right now.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.