View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Ricky Bobby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgro View Post
Agreed completely. Especially with Kadri. Imo, Kadri wouldn't be the player he is today had he been handed an NHL roster spot. He's battled adversity and a lot of people, especially on this forum, labelled him a bust. I think playing a few seasons in the AHL with Eakins and the playoff run last yr has done him wonders. Obviously he's making smarter plays, he's stronger and a lot more mature. Draft and develop baby, don't just toss em to the wolves. Rielly too. I still love what Burke did for this organization
Agree 100%

Kadri is now a heck of a player and I think a lot of it is because he was left down in the AHL that extra bit longer. Better a day late then a day early.

I was also happy to see Rielly left down. Or the way that Nonis is handling Gardiner and letting him get through his post-concussion issues down in the A.

Burke inherited a team and organization in shambles, did make some mistakes but ultimately I thing that Burke should be remembered for restoring pride in the organization by not letting our players continue to get pushed around, beefing up the scouting and player development, making the players accountable, countless amounts of community relations (military, gay awareness, donating blood, sick kids, etc.). I'm still happy that we had him around to change the entire culture. The team that everybody is loving so far is Burkes team.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote