View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Wake up. Last night was the extreme demonstration of the problem the team has had for oh, a decade.

If you didn't see a problem in the Boston and Buffalo games, where other teams took over the game almost at will, combine it with the long history of 3rd period letdowns when the team wilted when the other team predictably went on it's "push" to tie or win
Boston and Buffalo took over the games at will? The habs were the better team in both games and I don't even need to explain why both opponents were lucky to come out with wins.

I don't think the team is very good on paper, but the Leafs' game is definitely an outlier out of the games the habs have played this season. It sounds more like you wanting to impose the "sky is falling" narrative that you've been trying to impose since you've been here and you've taken this one game as an opportunity to do so. I know it must have been hard waiting 11 games to jump the gun and proclaim the end of the world, but I think you and everyone else need to wait a little longer before we know what kind of team the habs are this year. It may very well be that they end up a crap team, but their play this season has indicated otherwise. Right now, I'm not sold on either aspect, i.e., with those saying we have a playoff team and those saying we are awful.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote