View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 11:45 AM
fuswald
I'd Be Fired

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtimeoilfan View Post
Where does one play him? He is a RW, so in Eberle's place? Hemsky? Yakupov is a RW - and the latest #1 pick - and the team is playing him on the LW. How is Cheechoo defensively - to be a 'role' player on the bottom six?

The Oilers are lacking effective team composition (for lack of a better way to say it), will Cheechoo help this?

It might sound odd to say but winning is not all about points, its about team roles and players playing their role (and having players that suit their roles). Its a team game. I would love to see Cheechoo make it back into the NHL, and great if the team is the Oil - but only if it makes sense from the team standpoint.

Points are meaningless if they do not equate to wins. And teams win games, not point streaks. Has Cheechoo a role to play (a role he can effectively play) on the Oil? If so, sign him... if not, I wish him luck on his future endeavors.
Though I agree roles are important right now the role we seem to be missing is someone to score goals. Letting in 2 goals per game isn't that bad for a bottom team. Scoring 1 goal (even 2), taking hardly any shots, playing in our end most of the time. That is offensive suck.

Pitch some pluggers and failures, bench some talent, reward the good. 40 shots a game. Let the fire wagon hockey out even if we lose. I'd rather lose 6-5 than 2-1. For me after all the years of bad make the game entertaining. If we lose and Yak gets a hat trick. If we lose and Nuge gets 5 points. If we lose and Gagner gets in a wicked scrap with a Sedin sister. That hockey yesterday was boring. Hard to stay awake.

fuswald is offline   Reply With Quote