View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 11:18 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
IMO if this year's first is moved appropriately it's not that valuable if we can get into the playoffs. I wouldn't mind giving up our first for O'Reilly. I think that Colorado recognizes that they're not going to be competing this year.

Something like Puempel + 1st 2013 + 3rd 2013 for O'Reilly (signed). I would do that. Chances are that you are not going to get a player as good as O'Reilly in this year's draft past the 15th pick and it would allow us to compete more with Spezza's prime years. Turris could be moved to the wing if ROR from last year is for real (which we are banking on).

Michalek - Spezza - Turris
Zibanejad - ROR - Silfverberg

That's actually a legitimate top 6 IMO next year. We also have more flexibility if Spezza goes down because Turris can slot over and we can fill in the top 6 with a number of players.

I know that we're seeing a great amount of improvement from our guys, but the reality is that even though we've gone through a rebuild/retool or whatever you want to call it we ARE in a position to compete right now. If we're not going to take advantage of Spezza's prime, as much as it pains me to say it, we might as well trade him away because it's likely that his window of being elite is closing within the next 3 - 5 years.
We have lost the last two games by only one goal, we have a good team that will only get better as our youth get better & we have more good young players coming. Your top six up there would be great if Spezza wasn't hurt, ROR is also hurt & the other four are not scoring & we need them too. What looks great when we write it down doesn't always work out on the ice when the guys you expect to score are not scoring although Turris is doing alright so far.