View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 11:48 AM
GoneFullHextall
NOT MY PRESIDENT

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Giroux, Vorecek, Simmonds, Read, Couturier, Schenn.

Having a young core like that does justify having a thin farm system. After all...if they had a couple stud forwards knocking on the door...where exactly would they play? Those six names above figure to be in our top 9 for the next several years, along with Talbot, hartnell, and eventually Laughton. The main reason we don't have stud prospects is because our stud prospects have been good enough to make the team already. As for callups, I think guys like Wellwood, Harry Z, McGinn, and Sestito do a good job filling in.

It would be nice to have a star D prospect in the minors, but there are only so many of them out there. Gust and Bourdon have shown they can fill in when healthy too.

Homer doesnt always make the best moves, but he has done a pretty good job keeping this team competitive now and secure for the future. He has made buyer and seller type moves...its not like the Flyers are in the position the Phillies are in.
I disagree. There is no justification for it. The core is young. I wont deny that, but its still no excuse to have a poor prospect core and an even worse farm club. All those guys you mentioned I would not trust above the 4th line short term.
Bourdon is a non factor as he is currently dealing with PCS and he may never be the same again.
Having a good prospect group negates giving away high draft picks like candy. How many of those trades have worked out recently other then Grossman?
Again, I am not saying hes a bad GM. He just had some awfull asset management lately and has a habit of bidding against himself when making a deal. Most recently the Kubina trade.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote