View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
Emelin is a good hitter but I wish he could back it up with his fists. Look at the whole picture. PK, Gorges, Bouillon, Webber, Diaz, Kaberle, Emelin, Markov. Who is going to be scared of going up against these guys. None are real big tough guys. Other than Markov and PK for offensive purposes.
Calling Emelin a "soft European" ignores the reason he can't fight, the man managed to go back and knock out the guy who destroyed his face before needing to get metal plates put in. I have a problem with Emelin lately but it has more to do with the fact that he's a fringe top 4 defender who doesn't play smart, but at the same time his physical play is not an issue.

The defense is too small and soft but it has nothing to do with national origin, this team could use a Chara or a Douglas Murray. Kaberle and Weber should be gone and replaced by someone bigger and tougher, but I guess that's easier said than done considering the only toughness we were able to add on the back end comes from 5'8" Boullion.