View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Legend Killer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Nothing brings out antiquated opinions quite like a thread about "hockey toughness".

"Toughness" is one of those things that to some fans, you can never have enough of. I remember hearing complaints about it last year, when we had Carkner, and Konopka. I remember complaints that we weren't "tough enough" when McGrattan was caving heads in and getting skated around like he was still wearing double-blades.

If some fans had their way, they'd have 10 Krzystof Oliwa's out there with two Gretzky's.

We have lots of muscle out there. No single team has taken liberties with our guys yet this year. Not once. Our team doesn't get intimidated. We're not losing games because our forwards wear high heels, ferchristssakes. We're losing games because we don't have enough skilled forwards right now to put the puck in the net. We have 7 goals in the last 5 games. You can't punch the puck into the net.

Terrible thread is terrible.
Im not disagreeing with you... We are missing skilled players needed to score more goals, but there has to be a balance.

We went years with some of the most skilled, highest scoring teams during the regular season who completely sharted the bed in the playoffs when goals were harder to come by and skill alone wasnt enough. Getting to dirty areas, mucking it up in front of the net etc. to me is better than having a George Parros.

When Da Costa is your most physical forward. It needs to get better.

Toughness alone isnt what made us lose yesterday, but a little jam maybe would have got something going.

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote