View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 12:10 PM
2 Weekes Notice

vCash: 500
I went to a game in Minnesota against the Wild during the most recent playoff season. It was a 3-1 win, late in the season. If I'm not mistaken, we had already made the playoffs and it clinched that the Wild would be golfing in the offseason, so it wasn't the most competitive atmosphere.

That said, had a fantastic experience. Their fans were so gracious - I wore my Lightning sweater and a Rays cap and we sat among season ticket holders, all of whom were tremendously friendly and talkative, chatting about relatives in Florida and even offering to buy my girlfriend and I a beer! Even got some compliments on my sweater (cup-era, with the white shoulderpads) from some Wild employees while checking out their team gift shop. All of this during and after a win - that heartland politeness I guess.

The Xcel Center was really nice too, cozy Northwoods theme, and the parking was easy and cheap. Just an A+ experience all around. I was so impressed by their fans that I usually cheer for the Wild now unless they're playing us.

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote