View Single Post
02-10-2013, 01:31 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by homeoftheBlues View Post
I couldn't disagree more. The economy is not really strong and growing, in fact the last GDP number was negative showing that the economy is contracting. Furthermore, the job market has everything to do with the economy. It's no coincidence that every economist in the world is glued to their screen the first Friday of every month when the employment numbers are released. However I would suspect that most folks feel about the same economically as they did last year. If there is an attendance problem at all it's due to the compressed schedule. Too many home games over a short period of time. Supply>Demand.

If the poor play continues, I suspect that attendance will become a problem though.
Sigh. Just looking at a number tells you absolutely nothing. The reason why the GDP dropped less than one percent is because defense spending was 23% lower in the fourth quarter than what it was in the third quarter. If you look at defense spending historically you would see that there are huge swings in spending from quarter to quarter. If you take out the defense spending the economy grew. In the past month the stock market hit its highest point since 2007 and the measurement of fear and uncertainty in the market was the lowest since 2002.

sh724 is offline   Reply With Quote