View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 12:31 PM
TorstenFrings
lebenslang grünweiss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
For a frame of reference, 62 players in NHL history have put together a 30-goal season before the age of 21. On that list, players still currently active are: Ovechkin, Stamkos, Crosby, Kovalchuk, Malkin, Jagr, Toews, Kopitar, Rick Nash, Ryan Smyth, Jason Arnott, Marian Gaborik, Jeff Skinner, and Evander Kane. That's it.

See the above, those are Kane's comparitors, not James Neal.
Jets wouldn't do this trade because Wpg needs an elite centre, not a sniper. I also have no doubt that Crosby could make Kane into a 40++ goal scorer; despite Kane's many deficiencies, he is fast, strong and can score...like only 62 other players in NHL history.

This deal doesn't happen, but not because Kane=Neal.
Good luck to you guys.
That list is just as disingenious as the pure stat reciting if not more so. So you honestly believe Kane will eventually turn out to be just like Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Jagr?
As for the rest of those names, I´d trade Neal for Kovalchuk and none of the others on that list, because I really don´t care whether or not he can score 40g with any other center than Malkin. The Pens have Malkin. Neal absolutely no holds bared no improvement required does it for them. His is simply not the position we seek to change anything about.

Kane is a wonderful player and he has done just great so far, but it looks like he will become a 40++ goal scorer elsewhere.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote