View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 01:49 PM
yianik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
Bergevin is probably studying the team since game #1. I expect moves in the coming weeks. he is no bob gainey #3.
Maybe, maybe not. I think he has a plan to piece together a contender in a couple of years, he has this luxury as a first year GM. I also think he is going about things carefully and doesnt want to settle for a player. In other words, if he thinks we need a certain type of player he just wont grab the first guy he can, he will try to get The Guy.I also think he wants to try to develop as many of the players we need as possible. As an example, I and many thought we needed a top 4 D-man this past off-season and there were guys available, but MB didnt bite, he signed Cubes. Then I thought about it, Emelin. Emelin needs to work on being consistent defensively, but this guy has the potential of being a good top 4 defensive D-man. If we had signed a top 4 then it would have had to be a 4-5 year deal so Emelin would pretty much have had no future here as I doubt he will stay here after he turns UFA if it was to be a bottom pairing guy. So MB signs Cubes, a guy MT likes but also a veteran willing to take a one year deal, giving Emelin time to develop his game this year. Makes sense. So in terms of MB making a move, if it is for the right piece and cost sure, anytime, but he wont do it because weve lost a few games or out of worry about making the play-offs this year. He will do a deal if it advances us medium and long term. Thats my assessment anyway.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote