Thread: News Article: Bruins reflect on Tim Thomas
View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Number8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Roughly half the Country, as it usually is, disagree with who's running the Country. If you want to split hairs in terms of just how many of those are passionate about about their disagreement then fine. Whatever.
You can choose to neatly split the nation into left and right if you'd like. It's not reality, but whatever.

Whether you like it or not, most of he country is relatively centrist -- and probably open to some sort of compromise that allows at least some room for the other guys opinion.

Then there are the extreme left or extreme right --- "my way is the right way, your way sucks, and by definition so do you" sort of silliness.

I love TT as a goalie. If pushed I would align with the party I strongly suspect he does. Still, with that said, I could give two cents about his views on ANYTHING outside of hockey.

TT won Boston a Cup. That doesn't make him a God or immune to people passing judgement on issues HE chose to make public. For those that say he deserves nothing but gratitude or praise for what he delivered to Boston, please don't let me see you slagging off Ray Lewis (and, no, I'm not saying RL = TT). However, being a great athlete who delivers great results does NOT necessarily define you as a great person.

B the way, I'm not saying TT is a good, bad, or indifferent person. Simply taking major issue with those who say I can't criticize the guy or lament the way he chose to go out simply because he won "us" a Cup. (By the way, if I'm wrong on that, can someone please tell me when I get my day with the Cup? )

Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote