Thread: Ribeiro signed
View Single Post
Old
07-06-2006, 01:04 PM
x-bob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
If you wanted to lock him up a little longer..mayber you're the one who should be locked up!!

Seriously, do you really think the Habs are going anyware with Mike Ribero as a second line center. IF you think YES, then please proceed to the psychatric ward before going to lock up!

My two bigges hopes this off-season was to get a legit #2 centerman and upgrade our D.

Arnott to a two year deal and Danny Markov to a three year deal, both for fair market value. After seeing these other idiot GM's throow money, i give credit to Gainey for staying disciplined.

However, we haven't solved our problems yet and signing Ribero is a step backwards imo.
Mike Riberio is more then able of playing o the second line of a winning team when MOTIVATED. If we can get him good linemats that compliment him like Ryder did back in his rookie season then RIbeiro can be a huge asset. I have always liked Ribeiro and I never understood why he took so much heat from most posters here. HE isn't physicia and he will never be. But the same can be said for numerous players/stars aroud the league

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote