View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Bluesnatic27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Stewart is a two time 28 goal scorer who played like a third liner last year, Rattie has never played in the NHL and while high end isn't one of the best prospects in hockey, Toews is a top ten player in the world. Calling it two quality forwards versus one is incredibly disingenuous. And the Avalanche making a bad pick in Siemens doesn't mean the Blues would have for sure, like I noted Bartschi was available and only went a couple picks later. In the end things have worked for the Blues as they are very strong and with the butterfly effect who knows how things would work out if they drafted Toews but I still take Toews over the EJ package.
I don't think any Blues fan wouldn't want Toews on the Blues. Like you said, he is a top ten player and is one of the best leaders in the game. But the Blues pride themselves more on our depth of good players than having one outstanding player. So considering the kind of depth we got with Shatty and Stewart, plus the fact we ended up with a promising prospect, is why some Blues fans would prefer what we got as opposed to drafting Toews. I'm not saying that anyone we got is better than Toews, I'm just saying that, for some, quantity can be more valuable than quality, especially if the quantity looks like it could have some decent quality as well.

Bluesnatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote