View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
Totally agree on the QB thing, but that's OT as hell.

And I'm also in total agreement with you about the quality of players this franchise has iced over its 20 year history. We've been a team of 3rd liners FOREVER. Even when we made the Cup Finals we were a bunch of checkers who just had the right stuff at the right time. No one on that team was a "sniper" except for MAYBE Ray Sheppard

Even now, we have an abundance of 3rd liners. Smithson/Skille/Matthias are all almost identical players. We can't win games consistently with Drew Shore on our 2nd line. He's just not there yet. Too many of our guys are inconsistent. There's only a few names I would throw out that I'm actually happy with their effort (Flash, Kopy, Skille, Matthias and Strachan). Everyone else has had nights off or nights where they just decided not to show up. Regardless of this, we need more offensive talent. Last year when we started out the season we were all in awe of this team because they actually had some sort of cohesion in the offensive zone after watching 10 years of chickens with their heads cut off running around. But that still wasn't enough. We need more talent. It's in the wings, but we need to add to that talent as well from outside sources to continue to develop that offense. Nick Bjugstad will not develop and sort of offensive game on a line with Jack Skille and Scottie Upshall.

Besides all of that, I still think Marky should come up. Right now our guys aren't getting it done, but neither are our goaltenders. Let's infuse some new blood into the lineup. It worked when Shore came up, why not try Marky out?
I hate to pick nits, but I have to point out that Mellanby was a near 40 goal scorer in the dead puck era and Sheppard was a perennial 40-50 goal scorer.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote