View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 02:29 PM
finchster

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBamCam View Post
However, this is a time honored event for every pro team that wins the Championship to go meet the Prez and have a luncheon. This goes way back. I can't think of any other player that skipped out over political reasons. Maybe if he just didn't go, made up an excuse and didn't post on Facebook, this would not have been a big deal.
Packers tight end Mark Chmura refused to meet Clinton because of ‘moral objections’ (pot calling the kettle black) and recently Scott Jassen of the 1985 Chicago Bears refused to meet Obama for political reasons and we all know the Red Sox. Not to mention all the snubs other presidents received from athletes and celebrities due to "scheduling conflicts" (five NASCAR drivers in 2010). Thomas choose to go public, freedom of speech doesn’t mean freedom from consequences, so I don’t sympathize with his plight. However, I stated I understand why someone would do what he did and others before him. I’m Canadian, I don’t have a dog in this fight so his politics are irrelevant to me. [/stops replying to this thread and means it this time]

Last edited by finchster: 02-10-2013 at 02:34 PM.
finchster is offline   Reply With Quote