Thread: Ribeiro signed
View Single Post
Old
07-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Montrealer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV View Post
These are the same misguided mantras Mike's supporters have been mouthing for years.

Ribeiro has seldom been accused of being a slacker. Very few people who watch him play think he's lazy. It's just that, well...he sucks. And that's why no matter who you pair him with it doesn't seem to work. He's played with guys like Kovalev, Zednik, Ryder, Perezhogin, and a host of others, and they never seem to click.
Impressive for a guy who sucks to still pick up 116 points over the past two years. I wish Zednik had sucked as badly last year.

I honestly don't get what people were expecting from Ribeiro. I saw a guy with offensive skills and little else who struggled to put up points playing on the 4th line blossom into a 2nd liner who regularly puts up points. Gee, how sucktackular.

I agree he's struggled in the playoffs, but I'm willing to give him a chance; the entire team went to sleep when Koivu went down, and I blame Kovalev, Ryder et al as much as I do Ribs for not stepping up... which is not that much; Koivu is such an emotional centrepiece to our team that losing him is like a punch in the stomach that's hard to overcome.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote