View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 04:49 PM
JCrusher*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
I'm a fan of Boyle and I'm a fan of the benching. The player that made him successful here was one who worked hard, had high energy and passion, and did all the little things right. Thus far this season he's had 1, maybe 2, games where he's been a reflection of what made him successful here these last two seasons. He's been lazy at times, had little focus, energy has lacked, and seemed out of place.

He was a big part of the Rangers identity and success over the last two years, he still is a big part of the Rangers current identity as well, but he needs to get back to what made him successful.

A few days off will hopefully allow him to clear his head while the benching will hopefully light the fire needed. I don't think he needs confidence, he needs passion. I'm not in favor of putting him on the 2nd line with Nash. Im not in favor of putting him anywhere on the top 3 lines when he comes back. He needs to earn that. 4th line duty and penalty killing until he proves he's back to being the player he was before.
Excellent point. past doesnt matter you have to show it now in the present. Boyle will get another shot and hopefully he will use the benching as motivation