View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Tintin's Ghost

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
I'm thinking Scheifele and Lowry will need some time on the Rock to develop their pro game.

I'd like to see a Lowry/Scheifele/Telegin line in St. John's next year.

That line would have some serious size and pretty good skill. May develop some chemistry as well. I can see that as a 2nd or 3rd line on the Jets in a couple of years.
I'm in agreement that Scheifele could use some time in St. John's if it keeps on the upward trajectory of development. Jets picked him high so should invest a lot of time and resources.

However, if after a couple of years in the AHL, he tops out as a 3rd line C then scouting and/or player development requires a kick in the arse and change in philosophy. Scheif needs to be at least a top tier 2nd line C to justify his draft position. That much is on TNSE as much as Scheif. They gotta create a successful environment for Scheif to flourish.

On that note, TNSE needs to take a look at the massive pile of indifference and under-performance that is slowly accumualting on the Rock. If the stories about Macho are true then ffs move him for another warm body and keep the bitterness away from Scheif and Lowry.