View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 05:04 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
It seems hard to get a good read on Burakowsky. I think I'd rather pick Hartman than Burakowsky. IMO Hartman has 2nd line potential. I'd add Horvat to your list, I'd put him above Mantha and about where Gauthier is projected to go. Mantha has really fallen in my eyes, he's displayed poor work ethic this season and isn't interested much in playing defense. In a draft where there are many other good forwards, he really hasn't done himself any favors with his attitude IMO.

I'd take Nichushkin around #20 or later, I'm not sure if we'll have a pick in that range though.

If we're not going to make the playoffs, I really hope we can get Barkov, Monahan, or Erne. We really need another highly skilled powerforward in our top 6 besides Bjugstad and potentially Shore.
Burakowsky is more talented than Hartman. Better upside. Of course, he's had a difficult season. The U-18's will be important for him.

Mantha does have these issues, but he has very projectable NHL qualities. It's a risk/reward, but given we have a plethora of solid two way forward prospects, it's a gamble with merit. I'm comfortable projecting Shore, Knight and Howden (With Shore being by far the best) as solid NHL players but who lack in some areas (I.e offensively).

Nichushkin i change my opinion on perpetually. He just dominated an U-18 event against strong teams. No player can offer the attributes he has at #20, but is the IQ there? The Russian factor doesn't really worry me. The flight risk is much greater than luring them over (For elite youth talents).

Agree on Erne. Happy after the elite forwards are gone on taking a chance on him.

Can't comment much on Horvat.

I'd be very happy with any of the top 5 Forwards. Prefer Barkov to Monahan largely because of offensive upside. Barkov has better puck skills and room for improvement in his skating. Drouin/Lindholm would be awesome too. Sure, they aren't tall imposing players, but their scoring abilities are exceptional.

I believe cases can be made for Mackinnon, Drouin, Barkov and Lindholm being the best forwards down the line. Would be content with whoever from that group.

Other players of interest are Gauthier and Zykov. Physical players with offensive upside. Ristolainen would be my preference on D if we went that route (Excluding Jones obv). Hagg is inconsistent, but very interesting prospect.

Buchnevich would be a great gamble in the 2nd round and onwards.