View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I would usually say ''typical post, lose badly and all hell breaks loose'', however I know this has been your opinion for a long time.

That being said, I don't think judging the team after a horrible performance is credible, just like doing it after everything clicked on the ice.

I don't follow trade proposal threads, they are useless, so I don't know the general opinion of the board, but I don't think anybody would have a problem trading Plekanec or DD or Gorges for bigger better players. Easier said than done though. I don't have any interest in trading them for 2nd round draft picks.

But like I said, yesterday wasn't a good indication, everybody played poorly, couldn't make a decent pass, it was just bad. But I'm also pretty sure this team is far from what Bergevin and Therrien have in mind. Bergevin said so when he took over, ''there's a lot of work to be done''. Won't happen in one off season though..
I am glad you quoted Bergevin. If he has the autonomy we think he does, and the mindset we think he does, we will see change.

If last night's game did anything, it illustrated in a big way the gaps to the ownership group . Even if it was a Leaf team on a good night against a Hab team on a bad night it showed on an embarassing scale that this team is not ready for the top echelon . It should give Bergevin and team the green light to put the rebuild on a longer timeline and give him authorization to build through the draft. After all , for the longest time some Habs fans have felt that ownership and fandom would never tolerate a rebuild.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote