View Single Post
Old
07-06-2006, 03:01 PM
svetovy poharu

vCash: 500
Thanks for your help, Jukka.

Unfortunately, same is true for me, I have very limited statistics from before 1960.
I only have access to six historical newspaper archives in North America, and the coverage of World Championships is almost entirely Canadian-related, except for the NY Times and Washington Post.

As for the 1966 WC in Llubljana, that is one of the tournaments I do not have much stats on Team USA. I am missing 5 of the 7 USA boxscores. I can only account for 15 of the 18 American goals. Here is what I know:

In first game, CAN 7:2 USA (USA goals by Emery Ruelle (unassisted) and Larry Stordahl (unassisted).

In second game, USSR 11:0 USA (no goals).

In third game, SWE 6:1 USA (USA goal by ????).

In fourth game, CZE 7:4 USA (USA goals by Emery Ruelle, Len Lilyholm, Dick Roberge, and ?????).

In fifth game, FIN 4:1 USA (USA goal by ????).

In sixth game, USA 4:0 East Germany (USA goals by Ron Naslund (2 goals), Len Lilyholm (1 goal, 1 assist), Lyle Porter (1 goal), Emery Ruelle (1 assist) and Marshall Tschida (1 assist).

In seventh game, USA 6:4 POL (USA goals by Jim Stordahl (1 goal, 1 assist), Ken Johannson (1 goal), Lyle Porter (1 goal, 1 assist), Ron Naslund (1 goal), Emery Ruelle (1 goal), Len Lilyholm (1 goal, 1 assist).

Sorry for the lack of numbers. Perhaps someone else may be able to help fill in the missing blanks.

svetovy poharu is offline   Reply With Quote