View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 05:59 PM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I still think the trading of Carter and Richards was Sniders call. I just have a hard time believing that it was anything those idiots in the Philly papers were printing.
You really think they were traded because they liked to have a few beers?
Not that I want to go down that road with that topic because it just brings out the worst in people.
Who else was going to get traded to clear salary? Hartnell? Giroux? Briere?
Carter and Richards NTC had not kicked in yet with their new contracts.
there was more to it than just the partying that led to a completely different player on the ice. the Mike Richards we saw in in 2010 was not the same one we saw in 2011. He started acting like a spoiled baby to the media and gave up on many plays out on the ice. The partying lifestyle doesn't seem like it was made up by the media with all the stories about it.

I find it really hard to believe that you don't think anything was going on behind the scenes with Carter and Richards off the ice. If that wasn't the case, then there's no way both of them would have been traded. The Carter trade was an obvious one that was going to be made. He was expendable and had value, however, the moment the Richards trade is a different story. You don't just trade your captain and "star player" out of the blue for no reason.

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote