Thread: Homer's Odyssey
View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 06:32 PM
PayItForward

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
He had 18 points in 24 games by December 1st. Stamkos he was not. How many more points did he score than Simmonds or Schenn would have? Can't be many. It's arguable that the trade itself kicked LA up the rear end and got them playing rather than Richards himself coming in.

Don't get me wrong, I love Richie but it was a damn fine trade. They wouldn't admit it publicly, but deep down I think LA would do a takeback. Columbus certainly would.
Hah, yeah, no they wouldn't. They won a cup with Richards and yes, despite people not wanting to admit it, Richards was a big reason they won it. No, he didn't play to the level of Kopitar, Brown, Quick and Doughty, but he was pretty important. I thought he out-played Kopitar in the first series.

I love Simmonds, but he is not as good as Richards. He's younger and cheaper and not on a contract that I personally don't like, but better? Nope. Put Simmonds on the Kings and he doesn't come close to putting up the numbers he did here last year.

I love Schenn as well, but what has he proved? Why do people automatically assume that Couturier and Schenn will be as good, let alone better than Carter and Richards?

I think your kidding yourself if you think that Kings fans would take back that trade TBH. Columbus? Yes. LA though? Richards helped bring their first Stanley Cup ever. Why in the world would they give that up?

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote