View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 06:35 PM
JCD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
It is a dumb move but I think Harvin is becoming a major distraction for Minnesota, given last off-season and this season. Furthermore, he never has shown the ability to stay healthy. If he could stay on the field and also practice, he might be something but he's always a game time decision or has some lingering issue.

Meh.

And I don't think the Vikings will pick up Hester. It's possible but Spielman is building a different team than in the past.
I think Harvin is becoming over-rated myself. He is a dynamic player and returner... but more of a gimmick play demon that #1 WR. He would look great as the #2-#3 guy on the depth chart. He will want to be paid like a star though and (IMO) not live up to the contract.

Now... all that said... Vikings are far too thin of a team to get by without him. The passing game is a total disgrace as-is... and Harvin is the only legit player on the unit outside Rudolph.

I believe Harvin is done as a Viking. I also believe that last season gave Spielman/Frazier an over-inflated impression of the team (we were not as good as our record). That leads me to believe this off-season will be disappointing. I can see us making a schlubb like Ramses Barden our "big signing".