Thread: News Article: Less padding = more production
View Single Post
02-10-2013, 06:41 PM
Reverend Mayhem
In Gord We Trust
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
I'm sure we've all seen that picture of Roberto pre-lockout with pads that looked like you could use as a sleeping bag.
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
Jose Theodore had the best season of his career, putting up .931 save percentage wearing these!
Yeah, that's the picture I was referring to. Clearly you are much better at internet than I.

Also everything you said is 100% gospel IMO. Jose's pads in that picture are similar in size to those used in the later 80s/early 90s, a period where putting up a .910+ SV% would make you an elite goaltender and multiple Vezina winner. The lack of scoring chances and scoring would be a result of the defensive evolution of the game and the emergence of the butterfly goaltending style (which is much superior to it's predecessor stand-up style) more than anything. I'd maybe even put forth the argument that goaltenders become much better athletes than in year's past.

Anyone that can overlook that and blame on equipment size should re-evaluate their argument and logical reasoning, to be quite frank.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote