View Single Post
Old
07-06-2006, 03:50 PM
You 'Orns!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
This is getting stupid. How does Pock fall this far? He is the most NHL ready out of anyone left. He has a great season last year even getting a few call ups. Yeah yeah yeah he's not that great defensively but he has to get a shot to see what he can do on the offensive side of the puck. There are other players I can think of that aren't very good defensively who play thier role of offensive dmen pretty well. Tverdovsky, Ozo, Krajicek...........I don't think you will see any of these guys on the top PK unit, but they would look nice on the point of a PP. I remember Zubov wasn't that great on the defensive side when he first broke into the NHL but he LEARNED didn't he?

Just some of the names being thrown ahead of him is just silly now. Potter, Byers, Olver, Kveton?????????? These guys aren't even close the the point in development as Pock is. Wasn't there just a thread recently about Potter maybe not even being offered a contract along with Crabb and now he's better than Pock? PLZ stop the Pock bashing.
It strikes me that there is a growing body of opinion on this board that Pöck will top out as only a marginal NHL'er. Not that that is bound to be the case, but increasingly he looks a lot more like Joel Bouchard than Kim Johnsson.

Dewey still has the glow of a great stretch last season. Plus, we've never seen him in the NHL, so we're all hoping he turns out to be the next Todd Marchant or Niko Kapanen or someone like that.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote