View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 08:13 PM
blarneylad

vCash: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilan30 View Post
Yeah but Bordeleau I believe has dressed for every game this year while Kassian hasn't played and with the addition of Mike Rupp the Wild brass has hinted that they might try to move him or waive him. Another guy is Brian McGrattan who I don't think has seen much ice in Nashville this year.

Kassian or McGrattan would make me happy. So would Bordeleau but he's less avaialable I beleive.

I still think the Habs really need more size in general. While they had a fair amount of shots it seemed like they were mostly from the half boards. The Leafs had a huge d squad last night with the exception of Liles and the Habs small forwards could not do much.
Honestly habs aren't going to contend this year. But they could benefit from having a heavy weight to protect the young guys and our captain.

Bringing in a guy like Erksine to toughen up our d corps would be good, he would play a regular shift and not fight unless needed (like Gorges), and then bring in one of the guys you mentioned.

Bordeleau would be my pick, but Kassian would too. If habs could get a guy like Steve MacIntyre signed to a two-way contract and call him up as the habs see fit it would be nice.

But lets not forget that this game wasn't lost because of fighting. The game was lost in the faceoff circle, the offensive zone, the defensive zone and effort level.

If habs are winning 6-0 in the third, we don't even bother dropping gloves with their goons.

A bit of size would be nice, and one heavy weight who can do damage when called upon would be nice. I like MacIntyre and John Scott for those roles.

Habs need a bit of size on the point to fill in for when Tinordi is ready