Thread: News Article: Less padding = more production
View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Wizeman*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
He's also wearing a huge chest protector and a huge glove and blocker.

Also, if you bothered to read the article, you'd know that the NHLPA nixed a bunch of the goalie reduction that the NHL wanted and instead made a very marginal change. Save percentages went up because the game started deteriorating again. Two separate issues.

Reducing equipment does increase scoring chances. You used to able to fly down the wing and snipe, that used to be a scoring chance. Right now, there is zero net available when you're going down the wing, it's not a scoring chance.
Its simple.

I do agree that the sticks should be wooden. When the game was developed it was LONG past the time when Iron and steel were available . They could have made iron sticks a long time ago but they chose to make them out of wood instead.

I think its how the game is played. They play on ice , with single blade skates, and with sticks. They should be wood.

I would also make the goalie equipment specifically to protect the goalie, not the goal. I think they have done a wonderful job with the masks and throat protectors.

They are cheating with the most of the other equipment.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote