View Single Post
Old
07-06-2006, 05:57 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
The games I seen Pock play he wasn't THAT bad Edge. Yeah he had Lapses like any other learning player like Tyutin this year but thats to be expected even more so with Pock considering he is a defender that use to be a foward. IMO he should get more breaks for his lapses than a guy like Tyutin (who has played D his whole career) but he just doesn't get that from the fans for some reason.
The problem is that whether it's fair because he switched to forward or not doesn't change the reality of the problem.

I also have to disagree about having lapses like Tyutin. Tyutin had them, at the NHL level but I honestly believe and feel that Pock had more at an even lower level of competition.

Tyutin also had less when he was in the AHL a few years back.

Quote:
I'm not saying he will ever be a Norris candidate, but I think if given the chance he has the talent and smarts (He went to a good college he should be smart) to be a PP QB specalist and play decent mins on the 3rd pairing. Teams that believe they have a shot at winning trade for these kind of players. Avs with Ozo and just recently the Flames with Krajicek. The Canes has Tverdovsky with them for thier run even though he was used very little. The point is these kind of players are valuable because there aren't a lot like them.
Pock is just not on the same level as those guys though. Which is exactly my point. If you're going to play that game, you've got to bring something to the table that can compensate. Pock is good at the AHL level offensivly, but he's not putting in 85 points where you're willing to take the trade off.

The problem with some of these comparisons is that Pock is playing at a lower level and making more mistakes. That's not going to be an equal translation to the NHL, it's going to go up.

It's like comparing a guy who hits .220 with 25 HR's at the major league level with a guy doing the same at Triple A.

Quote:
And I also find it laughable that this new guy we took in the first round, Speghetti or whatever seems to project to almost what we are talking about here yet he is in the top 10.
Once again, big difference in terms of ability. Sanguinetti has work to do defensivly but he's far more advanced than Pock was at the same age. And you're talking about 7 years difference as well.

Just because they are both offensive defenseman, does not mean they play the same game.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote