View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I'm sure it does. Are you suggesting that prudence might have dictated making adjustments to account for having different caliber of personnel? Shirley you jest, and I do apologize for calling you shirley.
I don't think any coaching adjustments could've remedied what was ailing us today. NJ outhustled, outmuscled, and outsmarted us in our own end, and we couldn't seem to generate any extended pressure or capitalize on our chances when we got the puck in their zone anyway. But hey, that's just my take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancakes View Post
Everyone wants to hang off Bort and Despres' nuts when the cold hard truth of these past two games is those two aren't ready for big time responsibility yet.

I want them to keep playing and I like them a lot, but they need more time and games to get to the point where they can be relied upon for big minutes.

Letang is arguably more important to the Pens even than Crosby or Malkin. He plays 27 minutes a night and does it all (well maybe not all, he stinks at the powerplay).
We can beat lesser teams without them, but it's a tall order to take out the defending conference champs while missing two of your best defensemen. Get well soon, boys.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote