Old
07-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Duff88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
1 Who are the good UFAs?
2 The cap situation does look good.
3 I think there's not much of a market for the players Gainey would most like to trade.
Shanahan could help the team by bringing his experience and leadership, plus he's still a good player. He would put a fire under the *** of other players by playing every game, a lot like Begin does with his linemates. Sykora, Samsonov, Carter... there are still a few guys who could help this team.

I think a lot of people here underrate the team; remember that Ryder had an injury for most of the year and as invisible as he was he still managed to score 30 goals. Markov, Koivu and Kovalev missed some games, Theodore lost us others. As much as Ribeiro has been shot by all fans, and as much as I hate that contract he just got, he played harder at the end of playoffs and I think he could produce if he continues to work a bit harder. Komisarek, Perezhogin, Higgins, Plekanec have a year of experience under their belts. Latendresse and Kostitsyn are huge question marks, but they could both make the team and even have an impact. I expect Latendresse to go back to Drummond, but I think Kost will score 20 this year.

Taking all into account, I think a lot of people are just looking at it this way, which is a pretty stupid way to look at it:

A - We barely made the playoffs and were eliminated in the first round.

B - We might have the same team next season.

A + B = We won't have any success.

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote