View Single Post
Old
02-10-2013, 09:35 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
REALLY liking the lines we're rolling right now. Heck, Torts must too - when's the last time he stuck with the same lines - and rolled all four - through an entire game? We've gone from one power line, a soft second line an all defense third line and a fourth line that was quite frankly too bad to trust for more than a couple of shifts a night... to three evenly distributed, dangerous lines that can play in both ends of the rink, plus a very capable classic fourth line (with two of our better penalty kilers and a **** stirrer) that can check, hold the puck deep and actually contribute the odd goal.

I don't see Boyle getting ice time until someone gets hurt or someone does something stupid and winds up in the chateau bow wow. No disrespect to him as I appreciate him as a player and as someone who brings some very good defensive qualities to the game, but Miller has offense, speed and "jam" that he simply doesn't provide consistently (and hasn't provided at all since the Ottawa series). If Miller keeps this up, the only person I can maaaybe see him taking time away from is Halpern.

I base this opinion more on how well the four we have work, not anything about Boyle. Those four lines we fielded tonight are murder to match up against.

Last edited by BrooklynRangersFan: 02-10-2013 at 09:41 PM.
BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote