02-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
How is he overrated?
Most people consider him a top prospect, I don't. He has above-average pace but in terms of physical gifts that's about it, and good technical ability. The main issue I have with believing he's a top prospect is that I don't see any of his abilities as things that will work well in a league where players close down very well and kick their opponents. I believe he doesn't have the technical ability to compensate for physical attributes required to not get ran over in England which he doesn't have. Not anywhere near as good technically as a Hazard, Silva, Cazorla, Wilshere, etc.

Also feel like he did a total disappearing act at Euro 2012 where the level of competition is such that he would be expected to play against in a bigger league. I'm not a fan and would rather some other team take a chance on him. If we are buying any type of midfield player we need a big, physical player who will run through the opponent rather than play around them. I want somebody like a Diame or Wanyama badly. Buying technique in every buy is only going to get a team so far.

Last edited by Live in the Now: 02-10-2013 at 09:52 PM.